Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meth Teeth and Scary Music Videos

Today, I've pretty much been chilling out, doing nothing at all.  During my time doing nothing, I have mostly been surfing the internet, and testing my dog's problem solving skills.  Well, I'll be honest, that's all I've done.


I looked at my stats page earlier.  I have a bit of a statistics fetish, I love it.  That's why I kind of stopped blogging for an entire month; my stats page didn't work.  I lost all will to blog.  But now it's working again, and I've noticed something strange.  In the bit where it says "keywords" or whatever it is that shows you how people found your blog, is the term "meth teeth".  Now, people have been searching for "meth teeth", and coming across my blog.  What the hell.  Seriously.  Google meth teeth and tell me how it's related to my blog.  I'll save you the effort.  I did a post a while back about True Blood, the tv show.  I mentioned the horror that is Anna Paquin's teeth.  I also mentioned the meth panthers, I believe.  So that might be it. 



I've also been getting a few page views from a site called alphainventions.com . Never heard of it, but it's sent 18 people my way.  Thank you mysterious website, I may not understand what you have to do with me, but thank you anyway.


So other than staring at my stats, I've come across a few other interesting things.  This isn't new to me, but has anyone seen the short film "Runaway" by Kanye West?  I know he's a douche and all that, but for some reason this video is mesmerizing.   It's 34 minutes long, has all the music from his newest album, and it makes no sense whatsoever.  Click here for a link to the full length film.  I don't even like Kanye's music, but I just find this so interesting.


From what I understand, Kanye sees a fiery thing crashing to the ground while he's driving around in a forest.  He goes to check it out, and he finds some feathery phoenix-woman who has strategically placed feathers.



  It cuts to the woman freaking out about everyday household items, since she's from another planet or something.  Then she's crawling around on the grass.  Then she's dancing around the house.





No, she's not naked.  Don't worry.  Then there's some weird symbolism thing going on with a kid running around. Cue marching band and fireworks display and explosions and stuff.  Cut to the bird lady playing with a cup.  He then takes her to a formal dinner in a warehouse type thing.  There's ballerinas dancing around while Kanye somehow ends up on top of the piano he was playing.  Then a waiter serves a giant bird for a meal, and the bird lady loses her shit, which I suppose is understandable.




More scenes of grass frolicking and moody slow motion explosions.  Then there's a conversation between the two about how she can't stay in this world because she doesn't belong and stuff.  Some weird shots of the bird lady that sort of imply that they got it on (is that even possible?), and he wakes up on the roof.  More explosions, then it shows her flying off in flames, and him running through the forest like he was at the start.



It's so freaking weird, but I really like it.  Even if the lyrics are vulgar at some points, all of the music carries this atmosphere that really compliments the film.    You should check it out.


Anyway, other than that, I've been reading about a man called Josef Fritzl, the man who had his daughter locked in a secret basement for 24 years, fathering 7 children with her.  I think I've read enough about it that it could be a stand alone post, so that's most likely going to be next.


Lastly, since I only posted like a day ago, my actual life hasn't changed much.  I think I'm pretty close to getting a job at a service station, thanks to a friend's mother who runs the place.  So if I do, it shouldn't be too bad working there.

Also, I mentioned in the last post about my bf baking a cake.  I expected it to be an absolute disaster.  Apparently, so did he.  When I got there, he had so much cake mixture all over his shirt that it looked like he had thrown up on himself (he hadn't, thank god).  The cake was finished, and ready to eat.  He took it out of the fridge, and I witnessed, honest to god, the most homosexual looking cake I've ever seen.  It was bright pink.  With those candy butterfly things on it in cute pastel colours.  Seriously, it's gay-ness hurt my eyes.  It was just so pretty, it belonged at a four year old's princess themed birthday party.  Sometimes I really question his sexuality.  The pink cake, combined with his love of skinny jeans and hair gel, it makes me wonder...

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha! In my opinion, more guys should wear skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion guys shouldn't wear skinny jeans. It just doesn't look right, that and it's making them sterile.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete