Saturday, November 13, 2010

13th of November: UNI IS OVER

 As you can tell from the title, uni is over for the year.  Thank god!  I'm so happy, but it hasn't sunk in yet.  I can't get used to the feeling of being able to do what I want without feeling guilty about not studying.  Earlier, I was thinking "Man, I wish I could play the ps3", and then I realised there's absolutely nothing stopping me, and I move on without playing the PS3 anyway.

 I don't really have a planned topic for today, since I'm running out of creativity and privacy to think about stuff.  So, to get my word count up, I googled "random questions to ask people", and I'll answer them.  Hopefull it will inspire me .





Do you remember your favorite teacher?  - I didn't really have one.  The ones that liked me were quite tough, and I never did my homework, so I didn't like them that much.  They saw straight through me.  At uni though, I had a lecturer last semester that was awesome.  He taught sociology, and he was a total hippy.  He wore tie-dye shirts all the time, and did all this other hippy stuff I can't be bothered explaining.  He's like the local news station's go-to guy for an "expert authority" so he's on the news pretty much every night.  It was funny seeing him the first few times, but now my parents even recognise him.

Which is your favourite cereal and why?  -
Not a big fan of cereal.  Actually, I am, I fucking love cereal.  But I'm too lazy to eat a real breakfast most days, cereal takes a lot of prior planning and time management, and I kind of suck at that.  My favourite at the moment is Fruity Bites.  It's like pillow shaped lumps of whatever cereal usually is, and it's filled with a gelatinous substance, kind of like jam.  Sounds a bit gross, but its not.  Eating it makes me thirsty.







 As a side note, the question originally asked "what are your favourite 2 careers and why?"  and I read it wrong and went on about cereal.  So I changed the question, so I don't look like a complete retard.





Which is the hardest thing you ever had to do? - Hmm, I really don't know. Stand up to some shitty friends I guess?


When was the last time you lied and to whom and why? -
I don't really remember.  I don't lie that much anymore.  It's more like "temporarily withholding the truth about my performance in anatomy to my parents".

Tell me about something you really regret? - Taking anatomy.  I'm sure I go on about it enough, so I'll spare you. There's not that much else I regret.  That's good I suppose.

Tell me about a mistake you made? -
When I used to work at Hungry Jacks (Burger King for you Americans) years ago, an Indian family walked in and ordered.  They wanted 4 burgers, and 4 large drinks.  Because they were Indian, and I was an idiot, I thought they said "rings", not "drinks".  Rings, as in onion rings.  So they waited patiently for like 15 minutes, while I got them their onion rings, which take ages to cook.  And then they told me I got it wrong.  They could have told me 15 minutes earlier, but they didn't.  Oh well. 

Tell me about someone in your family? -
I'll tell you about someone in my family I haven't mentioned yet.  My older sister Alyce.  She's 23, or 24, I don't remember. She was born as a perfectly normal baby, but when getting her triple antigen injections (which were compulsory at the time I believe), she had a terrible reaction, and since then, she's been special needs.  There's no real term for it, since doctors refused to accept that it was their fault.  So she's classified as "intellectually disabled".  That means she can't talk too well, usually she can get her point across, but sometimes not, and it's annoying as hell.  When you ask her how old she is, she tells you whatever number comes into her head.  Usually 4.  So that's why I don't remember her age. She can be taught to do somethings, like using the key to unlock the house, but other not things, like checking for cars before crossing the road. She also doesn't get the concept of personal space, and she walks wherever she wants.  At 7pm on the dot, she's stripped off in the bathroom, screaming for mum to shower her.  She does this regardless of who else is in the house.  Many a time, visitors (including my boyfriend, several times) have walked into our living room, and were treated with the sight of my overweight, special needs sister naked with a shower cap on her head. 


She's finished school now, and she goes to this place with carers and other disabled people, and I really don't like her going there.  They steal her money, and teach her bad habits.  She's learned to call me "a shit" when I piss her off.  As in, "Megan, you're a shit!". And when I call her Oscar, and ask her if she's a boy or a girl, she usually hits me, pretty damn hard. 


Tell me about someone you envy? - I envy anyone who can fit into the average costume at a costume shop.  Those things are tiny.  And my ass is not.  And I have a lot of friends with costume party fetishes.

Tell me about something you've achieved? -
I finished my first year of uni today :)

Tell me about the worst punishment you had when you were a child? - Public humiliation at the hands of a teacher?  I don't even remember what I did, but the relief teacher wouldn't let me go to the toilet (I had my period, and it was getting rather unpleasant).  I told her I'd explain it to her at lunch time, as long as she let me go.  She didn't, and by the time I did leave, it was too late.  Red all over my pants, all over the chair I was sitting on, and I just ran to the office crying, and I went home that day.  Apparently, my friend had a massive fight with her about it after I left.  The teacher wouldn't believe my friend either (what the hell, the evidence was freaking everywhere), and made her clean it up as punishment.  After that day, I only had her once, and she recognised me well enough to swap classes with another teacher that day.  I hope she learned something from that day.

Tell me about someone you really admire? -
I admire people who can stick to diets.

Tell me about the last movie you've watched? - 
I don't even remember last time I watched a movie.  I've been too busy.  I think it may have been 17 Again, with Zac Efron in it. It was on the external hard drive of movies my BF left at my place, and I went through, looking at random movies.  It wasn't that bad.  I expected it to be worse.



Tell me about a country you would like to visit most and why? -
America.  Because it seems awesome.  Anywhere in Europe.  Anywhere, actually. 

Tell me about your favourite music / song / band? - I can't be bothered talking about my favourite band, but look up the song "Hey Leonardo" by Blessid Union of Souls.  It's an awesome song.

Tell me about something you would happily do again? - I'm tempted to say "go on another cruise ship".  I like the cruise ship, and I like going to different places, but I don't like the "stuck in the middle of the ocean" bit.  I can look past that though, if I'm on a cruise ship.

Name your 5 favorite foods? -
1= Avocado.     2= Chicken.   3= Prawns (if they're done properly)   4= Chocolate.    5= Spaghetti?



Do you like to shop? - YESSSSSSS

How often do you go online? - Whenever I'm not sleeping, working, or doing something important.  Kind of sad.

Something or someone you miss the most from childhood? - Not having to worry.

Are you usually late, early or right on time? - Usually early, unless it's work, and then I'm late because mum insists that everyone come to drop me off.  Especially if they don't want to go.  She fights with them until they do, even if it makes me 10 minutes late.

Are you happy with your life for the most part right now? -
I guess so.

You can have one of the following two things: trust/love? -
I guess I choose love.  Right now, I lack trust in others, which prevents me from loving them.  If I had love, I wouldn't need trust, because I would love them enough to forgive them for anything.


Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend? -
Considering the fact that I'm the most reliable person I know, HELL YES.

Your best friend dies, what would you do? - Wonder who my best friend is.  I don't really have one.

When and how was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt? -
About what?  I'm usually honest about how I feel, but it's never really a deep and meaningful conversation.

What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or that you do not love them back? - I'm not sure, since I've never really been in either situation.  Probably to tell them I don't love them back.  I've had to turn down a few guys in the past, and I still feel bad when I see them and talk to them.  It wasn't like hardcore love or anything though.

What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on? - Junk food.

Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? -
Since I don't really know CPR well enough to do it on anyone, no.

Are you old fashioned?
- In some ways, I guess.

Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a heart break or have never loved before? - All true love ends in heart break, because one of you has to die sometime.  And if I never love, does that mean I can't give/recieve affection, or just the true love/lifetime/soulmates kind of love?

If you could do anything OR wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish? - I wish I could have a loophole-free time machine that creates no paradoxes, and does not cause any problems for me.

Whats your middle name? -
Peta.

How big is your bed? - I think it's a king/queen single.  I don't know, or care.  I'm not fat enough for a double yet.

What music are you listening to right now? - It's not music, but my ceiling fan.

What are the last 4 digits in your cellphone number? - 7930

What was the last thing you ate? -  Dinner.  Which was KFC.

Who was the last person you hugged? -
Probably the BF.  I'm not into hugging.

How is the weather right now? - Pretty damn good.  I'm inside though, so who cares?








Word count for this post = 1888
November total = 23, 574

3 comments:

  1. When does the school year in Australia run? I wish I was done with this semester, I'm starting to wear down. ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brittany! :P

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete