Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3rd of November: Hmmm

What am I going to blog about today?

I consult my list of blog topics, and none seem particularly interesting, and I don't think I could squeeze 2000 words out of any of them.  The list I've been getting some ideas off has ideas like "Things that scare the shit out of me", which I have done.  Another topic is "My First Kiss" and "My Worst Kiss".  Not sure I want to talk about those.

My first kiss was when I was drunk at a party, with a friend of mine.  After that, it's been VERY awkward between us.  Especially since my friends don't let it go.  It's not even that embarrassing, but everyone else tries to MAKE it embarrassing.

My worst kiss?  It was a strange night.  Once again, I was drunk.  For those of you who know me, all I have to say is "New Years Eve", and they know exactly what I'm referring to.  For my newest follower, Hed from Hed Down Under, this happened at your beloved Magnetic Island.  Anyway, I was drunk, and instead of wobbling around like the drunk girl I was, I had my hand on the shoulder of some guy, so that I could keep myself upright.  I don't know what happened, but next thing I know, he's kissing me, and he's got his hand up my skirt, trying to tell me I had a fantastic ass.  That didn't work well, because... You know.  Have you ever TRIED to compliment someone while your tongue was halfway down their throat?  Bit difficult.  I said to him, "Excuse me", I turned around, and threw up everywhere.  I didn't stop for a few hours.  And that's why I will never, ever, mix vodka and rum in my stomach every again.   I still feel queasy when I see Captain Morgan rum.  For days afterward, I couldn't drink anything without feeling sick.  It was still the best party I've ever been to.  I think my drunkenness ruined it for everyone else, but I had fun.

So there you go, my first and my worst kiss.  FYI, my first SOBER kiss was with the guy I'm currently dating.  But THAT story is not going to be posted for all the internet to see.  It is quite embarrassing.

Speaking of the guy I'm currently dating, he left his wallet at my house.  It has no money or anything in it.  Just a $2 coin I think.  And a very silly looking school ID from 2009.  I find it funny that he takes such pride in his hair, no matter what it looks like.  In this ID photo, the best way to describe the hair is like a shorter, modified version of Russell Brand's hair.


Kind of like that.  Except his was straightened at the front, and a teased-to-hell rat's nest at the back.  Weird.  Sometime between that photo, from start of 2009, and when I decided to randomly talk to him after 6 years of no contact in January 2010, he cut it so it's shortish, spiky, and highly styled.  No matter what his hair looks like, he's still in love with it.  It's like his prized possession.  I'm not sure what would hurt him more, throwing his last pack of cigarettes into a pool (as Dani-Q once threatened), or shaving his head.  Either way, no one will survive.

But yeah, he left his wallet at my house, under my bed.  I don't have a clue how it got there, considering he put it on my desk, which is on the opposite side of the room.  I tried texting him about it multiple times, but I haven't heard from him.  You would think that he would want it back, but nope.  He doesn't ever have his bank card or anything, so I suppose he doesn't need it.  It just means he'll have to ask for it back from me if he wants to go into town, because his 18+ card is in it.


Well, I managed to ramble on about that for longer than expected.

I have to go to work this afternoon.  I don't fucking want to.  I hate working late, because it means I sit around all day, not doing anything because I don't want to waste my precious free time.  If I worked in the morning, I could go to work, and I'd have all this time afterwards to do whatever I felt like doing.  But working at night, you just wait.  If you go out before work, it feels like you don't have enough time, and you constantly check the time, and you end up late anyway.

I'm supposed to be studying for exams this week.  I only have 2 night fill shifts (putting new stock on shelves), so nothing to worry about there.  Next week, I have all four of my exams.  I also have like 4 night fill shifts, 6pm to 10pm.  Why is it that I get heaps of work when I shouldn't be working, and I get pretty much nothing on the week that I have no uni.  It's the same as when I had all my assignments due about 2 or 3 weeks back.  I worked about 3 times during the week, when I shouldn't have been working at all.

Stupid work.


I can't really think of much else to write at the moment.

OH.  One last thing.  In the backyard, next to the pool, we have all these gardens, all with palm trees in them.  Birds make their nests in them, and the silly birds always choose the palm leaf that's turning yellow and is about to fall off at any second.   It doesn't happen very often, but for the last week, we've had a nest out there.  Two eggs hatched.  One day, my parents witnessed a hawk take one of the babies, and the hawk sat on the pool fence and ripped the baby to shreds, in front of them.  So there was one baby left.  Mum and I expected this baby to be cute, so we went to take a photo of it.

The original photo we took was just a tiny little head sticking out between two palm fronds.  But something wasn't quite right.  We zoomed in on the camera to look at the head, and it looked quite strange.  So we uploaded it on the computer, and I've zoomed in, and cut out all the extra crap so you too can see what I see.


FUCKING LOOK AT IT.   THAT'S SOME MOTHERFUCKING SCARY-ASS SHIT RIGHT THERE.  IT'S BEEN WATCHING ME FOR A WEEK NOW!

It's fuckin' angry.  I can tell.







You know what the scariest part is?  It's gone.  Not in the nest anymore.  I can just tell.  One day I'm going to be home alone, and I hear a strange noise.  I'll turn around, and that THING will be looking back at me.  Possibly holding my dog's severed head.  Now that I think about it, I haven't seen my dog all day....







I guess today can be counted as my first unsuccessful day of NaNoWriMo.  I'm not going to be able to make 2000 words today, since I don't really have a topic.  Lucky I did 3000 words yesterday, I knew it would come in handy one day, I just didn't realise it would be today.  Well, I made it to 1240 words, I might be able to come up with something after work.  My total for November is now 6370.

Also, I've found some pictures from that Zombie Walk that I didn't end up going to.

Makeup by Veeutiful, Photo by Hiroshima Photography.

4 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! lol Pretty intense looking pictures of the zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds can be really scary and so can those odd kissing stories. I got a few.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a freaking CREEPY bird. Now you got me brainstorming what my worst and best kiss was. Too...may...blog...ideas!!!
    Hed hed down under

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had gone to the Zombie Walk :'(
    And we should totally throw the BF's cigarettes in the pool... just to see what would happen. If it makes you feel better, we can class it as a social experiment, and you can blog about the results.

    http://thedaniquechronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete