Saturday, November 20, 2010

20th of November: Oh crap.

I think I can say I've officially given up on NaNoWriMo.  I don't want to, but I'm pretty sure I can never catch up now. I think I might struggle my way to 30,000 then call it a day.  It's still an achievement, considering the longest thing I wrote before this month was like 2000 words. 

I might as well catch you up on the last day or two.  I didn't get my Chinese food.  Or my Oportos.  Or any of that.  I got Hungry Jack's though.  That night, there was a massive thunderstorm.  It was pretty cool.  I took some photos of the clouds before it started, they looked kind of freaky, but I can't be bothered uploading it onto the computer.  But yeah.  There was a massive storm, and because it's that time of the year, there will be plenty more to come.

My boyfriend re-emerged for a little while, mostly to troll me on facebook.  Today after work I called him, and he put me on loudspeaker so his Call of Duty bros could listen to me as well.  I convinced him to come over tonight and keep me company, since my parents went to a party.  He's gone home now, and I'm just sitting, chilling, and typing.  Fine by me.

Now, I'm sure that I've mentioned my recent car obsession.  However, I just looked through my last few blogs, and I can't see it.  Weird.  Anyway, I'm saving up for a car, and working towards finally getting my license.  Here, you have to do 100 hours in a logbook, have your learners for one year, and pass the driving test.  So far, I've had my license for 2 years, and I've only done 70 hours.  My logbook was filled out wrong, so I'm just going to copy everything out again into a new book, and I'm lazy, which is why I didn't do this 2 years ago.  Anyway, I've agreed with my parents for them to match me dollar for dollar for a car.  I was planning on having $1500 by January, but I think I can do better.  Currently, I have $900, and it's still 5 weeks to Christmas!  I think that even if I save up more than $1500, I'll only buy a $3000 car anyway, so I have money for rego and stuff.  And so I'm not completely broke, because my family still expects Christmas presents.  Once I get a car, I might start looking for a second job, that I can just do 1 shift a week at, just so I can break it up a bit, or I might just take on more at the toy store, who knows? 


Well, I don't think I have much more to say, so I think I'll work on my logbook a bit more. 

1 comment:

  1. Join the Nano fail club lol :) One day threw me off completely! I'm throwing you good vibes for savings! I suck at saving...like SUCKKKKK at it, so I have faith in you!

    hed www.hedabovewater.com

    ReplyDelete