Monday, November 8, 2010

8th of November: Things I'm going to do when uni is finished.

Good news everyone!  I got my psychology lab report back today, about 20 minutes before I walked into today's exam.  It was about the Stroop Effect, where you have to read words, colours, then the colour of words.  It was pretty boring.  I got 92% though, and combined with my 77% on the last quiz, I didn't even need to turn up to the exam and I would still pass.  That meant that I went into the exam feeling pretty good.

Anyway, the list of things I'm going to do when uni is finished.
1.  Work, and save up for a car.

2.  Work on getting my driving hours up.  Even if I forge my remaining 40 hours, I still can't drive a manual.  I   need to fix that.

3.  Go shopping with the friends, and actually have fun, and not feel guilty about wasting study-time.

4.  Join a gym of some sort.  I know I have all these walking tracks (with lovely named areas such as the "Rape Tunnel") that mean I should be walking my ass off, literally, but I'd rather not walk, then get tired, then find myself several kilometres from home.  If I get on a treadmill or exercise bike, I don't actually travel any distance at all, and I stay in a safe environment.

5.  Spend time with the BF.  Like, real time.  Even though I've spent a bit of time with him lately, it doesn't feel like we're as close now, because we never get time to be together in privacy.  I don't even mean that in a sexual way.  We don't have the privacy to sit and talk without being interrupted by someone.  After uni finishes, I won't really have time constraints, and the issues on his end will be close to resolved, so we won't have all this unnecessary stress.

6.  Go into town and actually get drunk.  I don't remember the last time I was properly drunk.  I know people act all disapproving about people drinking, but clearly these people have never been drunk.  I didn't think it was particularly appealing, until I tried it.  I didn't realise until then how many social restrictions I placed upon myself.  I'm not saying I go out and drink until I pass out.  I've never done that.  And if you don't remember the next morning, you've obviously had too much.  But yeah, getting drunk made me realise that I didn't need to be all uptight.  I could have fun, and talk to strangers, and make friends with people I wouldn't normally look twice at.  It's about life experiences.  How can you say you know yourself until you've experienced yourself in every state of mind available to you?  After I began drinking (note:  I am now legally an adult who can legally consume and purchase alcohol), I learned a lot about myself.  I knew when enough was enough, I knew how much I could handle before I started doing potentially regrettable things,  and I knew that I still had the ability to say no to anything and anyone.  Now, if people want to still go on about how silly drinking is, maybe they should try it first (with an open mind and a positive attitude, of course).

7.  Continue on with NaNoWriMo, until the end of November.  Hopefully, I won't just go completely lazy and sleep all day and ignore my personal goals.

8.  Read some more of my psychology text book.  It's not just a temporary thing, where I learn it for exams and forget it instantly.  It's full of the knowledge I want and need if I have chosen psychology as my profession.  Everything in it is beneficial to me, and I find it very interesting when I don't have anything in particular pressing on me.  The minute I have to read it for study, I want to burn it.

9.  Chip away at my "Sci-Fi Movies to Watch" list.

10.  Try and meet some new people.  I'm running out of friends.

11.  Try and patch up some old friendships that have been dwindling because of uni.

12.  Get the Sims 3 off the bf, and keep playing it.  I"ll also start playing Spore again.

13.  Play my poor little PS3 again.  It's practically brand new, and I've barely played it.  I need to finish FF13, and properly START to play MGS4.

14.  Do my Christmas shopping.

15.  Do something with my hair.  Keep it maintained instead of letting it go wild.

16.  Buy some nice pairs of shoes.

Well.  It's nearly midnight and I have an exam tomorrow.  I'll continue this another day.

Current word count = 15, 264

1 comment:

  1. Well you have a list! I wish once college is over my parents wont bother me with vacation. I just want to stay home and chill with friends and such.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete