Friday, November 5, 2010

5th of November, part 2: Unjellied Hell

Good old phrase generators.  Not only did they create the title of the blog, but this post.  In fact, I think I like Unjellied Hell better than Dynamic Bicycle, but oh well.  I don't even know if "unjellied" is a word.

I don't have an incredible amount to say tonight, but if I'm not really doing anything, I might as well add to my word count.  Which will either be very close to, or over, 11,000 after this post.  Now, I don't know about you, but I see this as an achievement.  5 days in to my challenge, and I'm 1/5 of the way to the finish.     It's not even the word count that I'm proud of, its the fact that I've stuck to it for 5 whole days now.  For me, that's pretty good.

I had to work tonight, and I started thinking about my exams next week, and how I'll be working (and earning money) all Christmas.  I haven't gotten any results back from my assignments, so maybe I'm feeling just a little discouraged.  But I was considering what I would do if I failed uni this semester.  I hope I don't, but I really have no idea where I'm sitting at the moment.  So it's a possibility.  In the case of anatomy, a very REAL possibility.  We've done 60% of assessment so far, and I'm sitting on 30.6%.  Not even 36%.  THIRTY POINT SIX PERCENT.  Sometimes I amaze myself at how damn mediocre I manage to be.  It's a skill. 

But because I haven't received any of my results, I don't feel very motivated to study or anything.  And now, I'm at the point where I'm planning what I'll do after I fail. 

I would work full time for a few months, long enough to get my car and license.  Save up a bit more money, then leave Townsville.  Float around in all these little towns, stopping at the big ones along the way. I wouldnt go down south straight away, I'd go through Mt Isa, Camooweal, up to Darwin, then across to WA, then down and across. Do that until I'm 21, then move to America, and live in one of the Southern States.  Yeah, I know it's not a far stretch from the Hicksville I'm in at the moment, but at least it will be a bit more interesting.  But that's years away. And that's only if I fail, which I may not.  Purely hypothetical.


As much as I want to go to uni and learn, and get a good job and all that crap, I'm really getting tired of it.  This is my 13th solid year of impossibly high expectations, and I'm sick of it.  I want my parents to leave me alone, and let me make my own life choices. 

Well, I should stop thinking about all this, or I'll make myself want it even more.

This post is 496 words.  My total for November is 11, 208.  Fuck yeah.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your word count! And you posted this on 11:11, did you make your wish?

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS an incredible achievement! Keep it going girlie!

    ReplyDelete