Tuesday, November 9, 2010

9th of November part 2: I think an update is in order.

I had my criminology exam today.  Or tonight really, because it was at a pretty stupid time.  All day, I was pretty stressed out about it, thinking about the pitiful effort I put into doing the readings, and gaining the "in depth" knowledge that my lecturer wanted from us.

The exam itself was 100 multiple choice questions.  The questions were all taken straight from the text book.  Literally.  We just had to insert the missing word.  To make it even easier, we were told what pages in our text book to study, and the exam questions were grouped together, chapter by chapter.

My uni has a policy of allowing students to leave the exam after one hour, or they can stay for the entire two hours if they choose.  The majority of the class left at the one hour mark, all incredibly pleased with themselves.  I was pretty worried that I was going to fail that class, but I have no doubt in my mind that I'll be fine now.

I only have two more exams left for 2010.  Anatomy, which is tomorrow, and anthropology on Saturday.  Then nothing until January.  Thank God.  I just need to suffer through the next few days.  I can do it.

I felt like a change, so I played with the settings for the blog.  Changed the background from a cook top to tomatoes.  With a title like Dynamic Bicycle, I want vibrant, loud but not too loud that your eyes die, colour.  And I think the new red tomato-y goodness brings that.  I spent a lot of time on changing the text colours and stuff.  Once again, I don't want to be responsible for the death of anyone's eyes.

Morgan, one of my challengers for our little NaNoWriMo competiton, has done a few parts of a story on her blog.  Then Dani-Q was telling me about how she wants her novel to be done by Christmas.  She wouldn't tell me what it was about or anything, so I can't pass judgement.  But since it's coming from her, I think I have a pretty good idea.  Hearing about all these other people, and their ideas for stories and novels really made me think about how different people really were.  For example, I couldn't write a story about Hawaii, like Morgan.  My writing falls more under the genre of sci-fi/action with elements of steam punk.  So Hawaii isn't really my cup of tea.  I can tell Danique's writing will have plenty of romantic tension and love triangles, and other various things that get her juices flowing (ew).  While some of that can be incorporated into my writing (after all, lust is quite a realistic motivation for characters), I'd rather stay away from the sappy stuff.  It's just cool how people can have such drastically different ideas in their head, yet they can still get along in a discussion about their daily lives.


This is only going to be a fairly short post I think.  Not much to say, I just wanted to get a couple hundred words out before I call it a night.

Total November word count = 18, 138

4 comments:

  1. How did you know?!
    :P

    http://thedaniquechronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my University exams were multiple choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is in Hawaii yes, but it needed to be in Hawaii for the fantasy surprise that you guys have yet to read yet. I don't know how long it's gonna take me to get to it, but it'll get there.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm.....tomatoes! I was thinking the same thing when I was reading Morgan's story: "why not write a short story too???" Hers is so good we all got inspired. Awww.

    Hed hed down under

    ReplyDelete