Thursday, October 7, 2010

Anatomy exam tomorrow/ " I'll study YOUR anatomy..."

Every time I try to think of something to blog about, my brain  goes "NO!  STUDY FOR ANATOMY TOMORROW!"   So, I shall compromise, and blog about anatomy.  I'm like 10 weeks in, and I still associate "studying anatomy" with staring at males.  Cue giggling like an idiot.  I can't help it.

For most of the 10 weeks, we had a female lecturer with a New Zealand accent.  Then, for about 3 weeks, we had a hot male lecturer, Dr. Nathan (He's a doctor!) with an Irish accent.  Now, don't get me wrong, having a hottie with an accent is good, because I was constantly studying his anatomy (that counts as learning, right?).  However, I'm starting to wonder if we (the students) are pronouncing things properly.  All our anatomical terms are taught to us with Kiwi or Irish accents, so do we sound like idiots to Aussie people?  For example, Crypts of Lieberkuhn.  Its somewhere in the digestive system.  I feel like I gain an Irish accent everytime I say "Leeber-coon".  But that's how the lecturer said it.

I'll finish this off later.  I should study.

4 comments:

  1. Dont worry so much. Both the New Zealand and Irish accents sound better than the Australian one anyway.

    Also, I have yet to see this lecturer. You promised to show him to me, and being a doctor he probably makes a lot of money. That combined with being gorgeous AND Irish results in potential husband material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD OMG that made me laugh so hard! That should be counted as studying for anatomy!

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.jcu.edu.au/vbms/staff/acacdemic/JCUDEV_016386.html

    There's a kind of bad photo of him. Don't worry, I'm not stalking him or anything. I haven't even found his facebook page yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_O Hot damn girl! Sign me up for that class!

    Did I mention that I'm Irish as well! Got the green eyes to prove it!

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete