Monday, October 25, 2010

Red hair + Blonde Hair Dye = ???

So, in a spur of the moment decision, I purchased blonde hair dye. Well, it was a spur of the moment decision about a week ago, but I couldn't find any until now.

I brought it home with me, and watched the Cleaning Nazi do her own roots, before turning her attention on to me.  When it was all in and done, I saw that the stains around my roots seemed quite dark.  I figured that hair dye does go some funny colours before its done.

I should have gone by my instincts that it wasn't right.  Or maybe, the Cleaning Nazi should have said "Hey, this isn't blonde."  But nooooooo, I leave it in my hair for the specificed amount of time.

I was it out, and it looks pretty much the same while my hair is wet.  I get out my brand new hair dryer that cost me $25 from work (yes, apparently toy stores DO sell hair dryers).



Isn't it pretty?

Anyway.  I dry it, and I can't believe my eyes.  Mousy,  Plain-Jane brown.



  I don't know who that chick is, but that's the colour.  Except mine is a more boring shade.  It's not fair.  I payed $10 for that dye, and it did the exact opposite of what I wanted.

FML.

4 comments:

  1. I should think you'd have to put a pre-lightener in before doing the blonde (says someone who has played with hair colour for most of her adult life!)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that it didn't come out the way you wanted. It's only hair and it'll grow out and you can try again! Aren't you supposed to bleach it? Don't take my word for it though I've never really done anything to my hair myself.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box says that it has hydrogen peroxide (bleach) in it. Oh well, at least it will probably be easier to dye again this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!
    I'm sorry, I think that's hilarious. Was it temporary or permanent? You're hair's probably the same colour as mine now (btw, thanks for the uplifting comments about brown hair).

    Fingers crossed this doesn't happen to me when I break out the black hair dye on Friday.... though black usually goes black.

    http://thedaniquechronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete