Friday, October 29, 2010

My visit to a psychic.

Today started off pretty normal.  I got up, harassed Dan-Q about uni and shopping, then went to uni.  Some strange miscommunication meant that I was at uni, and she wasn't, though she was the one who convinced me to go to uni instead of going straight to the shops.  Dunno what happened there.

We caught up, and went to the food court, and ended up on the topic of blogging.  It somehow got to ghosthunting, ouija boards, and then psychics.  Luckily for us, the local shopping centre has this hippy, earthmother-ish shop called Nature's Wisdom.  It sells candles and dream catchers and fancy rocks that apparently smell like baby breath.  It is also kind of like the home base for our town's "best psychic", called Sarah.  I hear about her on the radio and stuff, so she's not some random lady that took our money and ran.

I decided to get a half hour reading for $50.  I was a bit concerned, since I'm sceptical about psychics and people who claim they can do things.  I want to believe, but I just don't.  I didn't want to go in there and have her tell me a bunch of general bullshit that could apply to anyone, because I was paying good money for it.

Let me tell you, it was WORTH EVERY CENT.

After she asked me how old I was, the first thing she said "Are you in or out of this relationship?"  I was a bit taken aback, not sure of what to say.  BTW, the bf is back in contact with me, and wants to be back together.  Weird, right?

Anyway, I told her I was in the relationship.  She then explained the set up of our next half an hour.  She starts off with a sort of general reading about my life at the moment.  Then I get to ask one, and only one, question.  I asked her how general my question can be, and I was told "ask a broad question, get a broad answer".  Fair enough.  Then she would go over the next year of my life.

The first part ended up as a discussion about my relationship with my bf.  She kept saying that we lived together, then kept correcting herself.  At one point she referred to him as my husband.  That's a bit weird, but I think its just her getting her words mixed up. 

She told me that one person was honest, and one wasn't telling the complete truth.  She said that one person was becoming bored, and that "they don't know what they want, but it isn't this".  She said that the main cause of conflict would be money and children (wtf, she never mentioned children again).  She said that one of us  was very careful with money, and a good saver, and the other has difficulty keeping a hold of it (hmm, I DID just pay $50 to see a crazy lady, clearly, someone has some money to waste).

She told me I was "surrounded by theft".  Not saying that it was me, but someone around me,  and that the law will catch up with them.  That's good.  Unless I suddenly become a thief, and I get caught. But that wont happen. 


She told me that other people were saying things about me, with the intention of hurting me (I know exactly who these people are).  I need to let these things go in one ear and out the other, and not take any of it on board.

Another weird thing she said was that I was living out my consequences for past actions.  Like, I'm at this point in my life because of consequences of past actions.  I have no idea what this is about, but I'll come back to it.

I don't remember what else she said in this part, so I'll continue on. 

I got to ask her one question.  I chose to ask "Will I stick with my current career choice?"  I got the strangest answer ever.  It was a purely career-centred question, and it goes completely off course.  She told me that I am in the exact time and place that I need to be in at this stage of my life.  For the moment, I am on course.  But then shit gets weird.  She tells me I have poisonous influences in my life, that are going to try their hardest to pull me back.  Then she asks me if I think I handle the pressure my parents put on me.  I didn't mention my parentsat all up to this point, then she starts talking about how harmful my father is with his words.  She says that they put these massive expectations on me, that I can never hope to achieve, simply because it makes them feel powerful to see me struggle.  And this will hold me back.  Eventually I'll give up trying to please them, because I know it will never happen.  She told me I will eventually grow enough to stand up for myself, and tell my parents that they have no say over my life, and that I am my own person.  Apparently it will take a lot of work, and it will hurt me.  I was told that I need to QUOTE: "ELIMINATE" these people from my life before they destroy me.

So yeah, my career question ends up being about my parents holding me back, and it seems to be a game of Survivor.

Then we go on to my future.  She gives me quite specific time frames.  In six months time, I'll take a massive step.  I will be terrified, but I'll do it and I'll find peace and happiness within myself.  Within 18 months, my conflict with the bf will be settled.  Interesting how I find peace and happiness in six months, while the relationship conflict continues.  She also says that I need to stop apologising for the consequences of my actions, and that I need to forgive myself and move on.  It would be nice if I fucking knew what I was forgiving myself for. 

She also said that I need to cut the bf from my life.  She said he's bad now, and he's only going to get worse, violence, cheating, etc.  I will apparently experience it all. 

4 more things jump to mind.

1.  She said that I chose my own learning experiences, before I was even brought into the world.  I have some sort of predetermined fate that I chose before I knew I was making a choice.

2.  I have unresolved trauma that I need to come to terms with.  I have no idea what this is about.

3.  The more trauma I experience, the more spiritual I will become.   Hmmm

4.  I have a female presence watching and guiding my emotions for me.  Now I'm paranoid about this presence  guiding me on my spiritual journey to the toilet.  I feel like some poor otherworldly being is wasting a lot of their time on me. 

Anyway, at some point I started crying.  Not because I regretted spending $50, or because I didn't know this.  Just because its such a strange feeling for some lady you've never met before to strip your life bare and tell you exactly how it is.  It kind of set in about how (if she's genuine) I'm going to have a pretty terrible 18 months, with violence, massive changes, and not living up to people's expectations.  All of these things scare the shit out of me.  I don't know how I'm supposed to do it, but I'll survive. 

I wonder if this is a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.  Since this chick says I'll take a massive step in six months, does that mean I'll be so freaked out by her prediction that I'll have a mental breakdown and move to Ethiopia?  I don't want to make changes just because she said this stuff.  I'll continue on with life as per usual, but when the conflict starts, I guess I'll have these potential solutions in the back of my mind.

I came out, still in tears.  I took a few minutes in the bathroom, washing my hands several times to calm down.  I texted Dani-Q, and she ran up to be all expectantly.  I don't know what she thought when I started crying again.  We sat down, and it took me a while, but I got it all out.  Then I promptly suggested she do it. 

Silly me.

I'll let her talk about what she was told, but there were some strange coincidences. 

So yeah.  I've had a rough day, and I have plenty to think about.  And even though I didn't believe in psychics earlier today, and now I'm still sceptical about most, this lady, real or not, she put on a fucking good act, and everything she said was true.  I dont know how she does it.  I'm definately coming back to her later on in life.

Before I finish, something interesting.  She used tarot cards, and for the last part, I made note of the ones she pulled out so I could find out about them later.  I don't remember them all, but a few stuck out to me.





Now, I'm pretty sure that in any context, the devil is a bad thing.  The meaning for it that I found is this:

Perhaps the most misunderstood card of all the major arcana, the Devil is not really "Satan" at all, but Pan the half-goat nature god and/or Dionysius. These are gods of pleasure and abandon, of wild behavior and unbridled desires. ... this is a card about ambitions; it is also synonymous with temptation and addiction. On the flip side, however, the card can be a warning to someone who is too restrained, someone who never allows themselves to get passionate or messy or wild - or ambitious. This, too, is a form of enslavement. As a person, the Devil can stand for a man of money or erotic power, aggressive, controlling, or just persuasive. This is not to say a bad man, but certainly a powerful man who is hard to resist. The important thing is to remind the Querent that any chain is freely worn. In most cases, you are enslaved only because you allow it.


She also pulled out Temperance
I don't get this one's supposed meaning.  Something about balance and symmetry.

 I also got the sun, and the wheel of fortune, but I really can't be bothered finding pictures and meanings for them.

The last one I remember really confused me.  I couldn't work out what it was, because there were no words on it.  It was a person with two crossed swords.  I did some research, and apparently its "The Lord of Peace Restored".  Doesn't sound too bad.  Supposed to symbolize courage and restoration of peace in the mind.

So yeah.  I didn't believe in psychics, and now I believe in at least one. What a strange day. 

3 comments:

  1. I went over my readings, writing them all down and what not, and then discussed it with my parents and we have come to the conclusion that this woman is a fake. My readings were way too general, and I think she took too many prompts from me... my parents proved this by getting me to tell them what she asked me, and then my responses and they actually made some of the same predictions up.

    There are also a few similarities (as you pointed out) in both of our readings, running themes if you would.

    I would highly suggest you dont take what she said to heart, but if you really do feel this way about these people in your life than her advice is probably sound. Just dont rely on her given time frames.

    Fake psychics are tricky as they're trained to pick up on the smallest facial expressions and changes in body language, and use backtracking to their advantage quite effectively.

    http://thedaniquechronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours WAS very general, and regardless of whether or not she was fake, she DID give me good advice. I don't know. I don't want to think about it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Megan, the best you can do is go with what your heart tells you to do. Even though you may not be pleasing others, you need to please yourself. Because well, you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete